Saturday, March 21, 2009

"I want to sell my property according to the value indicated in my assessment (cukai pintu)."

"My assessment (cukai pintu) says my house is worth RM300,000, please sell my house at the value indicated by government valuers."

Yes, we still receive numerous selling instructions with the abovementioned manner and I was always puzzled by this type of instruction. My answer is NO due to the following two (2) major reasons:

(1) Purpose of valuation
The purpose of valuation when the local government valuers did the valuation is for the purpose of assessment, not for the purpose of sale negotiation. The basis of valuation is therefore varies.

(2) Date of valuation
Our local governments do not update the assessment value every year, they usually update it every 5 to 10 years' time. In the case of Johor, some of our assessment values were actually valued over 10 years ago. Yes, believe it or not, the assessment value you have just shown to me is already 10 years' old!

Therefore, please stop going to estate agents and tell them your property is actually worth higher than the current market value simply because your Assessment (Cukai Pintu) says so.
One interesting observation here however, they never show you their assessment when the indicated value is lower than the current market value,due to the reason best known to them.

6 comments:

MPL said...

Thanks for sharing! Very informative that let us know how important to have latest Malaysia real estate assessment value before we know what is our property price in the market.

paula said...

I have read your article. It was so informative. Such a good article what you have written.Thanks for sharing your information with us.

Paula M
Philippines properties for sale

Nick Raymon said...

Very nice article it was Some wonderful insights here. Great job and perhaps when I have more time, I will come back and read some more of your post.Thanks for sharing this information.
Richmond Hill House for Sale

Unknown said...

To be quite honest, I didn’t really know many of theseat all, but just from the screen shots you can tell they are good!Richmond Hill Lawn Care

Unknown said...

I want to sell my house now. Now-a-days I have decision that I want to shift my house in other area so my house will sale cheaply. you can contact with us.
sell my house

Unknown said...

I visited your site & after visiting i found that it is very informational for everyone you have done really a great job thank you
condo launch Singapore